7.22.2018

Build: TV Stand

This project started in November of 2017.  I thought it was going to be a breeze but I ran into many difficulties with cutting the trim pieces and then winter was upon us.  Once it stopped raining in the springtime I was able to finish the build but then it became too hot outside for stain and poly application.

Pre-cut and drilled basic parts 

I made a box! 

Solid red oak on the sides 

More boxes!  The cats thought I made them some condos. 

At this time it got to be the holidays and then it was too cold and rainy outside to be messing around, so the project was stored in the basement for the winter

Springtime:  Red oak trim, edge-glued top and back piece added.

At this point the built became known as THE BEAST.  All of the red oak, especially the topper, made this thing weigh a ton.  It's sturdy and that's all I really care about.


I finally caught a break with the weather and got to apply some stain.  One week later I brushed on some water-based polyurethane and then lightly sanded the bumps away.  

Here is the finished project!


It's not my best work but I am happy to have a TV stand that takes up less space than the credenza did.

No comments:

Post a Comment