4.09.2017

New House: Painting


We bought a house this spring!  The previous owners did a basic top-to-bottom interior renovation which meant that the wood flooring, carpet, kitchen cabinets, and appliances are new.  Even though there is a fresh paint job, however, the color grossly clashes with the dark flooring.  Therefore, I asked Hans if we could paint the main level of the house.  Because of the floor plan this meant we'd be also painting the kitchen, main staircase, and upstairs hallway.  It took two solid weekends (which we needed before our lease was up at our old place) but I am thrilled with the results.

Choosing a color was really tough.  I like the grey/neutral trend that is so popular these days but I wanted to stay away from cool tones.  Benjamin Moore's "Revere Pewter" is one of their most popular colors but I was looking for something in the Behr one-coat line.  I think I found something fairly close but with a bit more warmth to it in "Sculptor Clay".  It's amazing how different the walls look under different conditions throughout the day.



Kitchen before
  
Kitchen after

No comments:

Post a Comment